Tips & Tricks
Seven tips for a good holiday for touring campers:
- Choose the ultra-light and strong CarbonX fibreglass frame. It’s especially well-suited to put up and take down, but can also be used for beach camping.
- Use Aquatex reproofer on the awning rail to make it easier to pull the awning onto the vehicle.
- Use Ground Cover under the grass edges to make it easier to clean the awning.
- Make sure to use sun and windscreens. If you’re going to a Mediterranean country, you should only need a sun canopy and a windscreen. There will be less dew than in northern Europe or in the mountains.
- Bring foldable furniture that takes up minimal space in storage.
- Stretch the awning out tightly. It looks more attractive and stops rainwater from pooling on the roof. It also makes your awning last longer and prevents the canvas from flapping noisily in the wind. For example, you can use the Hercules Triple pole tensioner.
- Keep the insects at bay. Buy an awning with mosquito nets in both sides and bring a blanket with insect repellent for the warm summer evenings outside the awning.
Isabella products for touring campers:
Odin chair & Folding table
Shadow sun canopy
Blanket with insect repellent